COLORADO SPRINGS — The Metropolis of Colorado Springs has added two extra red light cameras as a part of the “Red Light Safety Camera Program.”
The objective of the red light digicam program is to guard drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians from accidents or crashes attributable to red-light working.
The brand new red light cameras are:
- Woodmen Highway and Black Forest Highway (westbound by way of lanes)
- Barnes Highway and Tutt Boulevard (eastbound by way of lanes)
The brand new intersections will go stay on April 18, 2022, and start with a 30-day warning interval earlier than a $75 high-quality is carried out.
Present intersections with red light cameras:
- East Platte Avenue and Chelton Highway
- Briargate Boulevard and Lexington Boulevard
- North Academy Boulevard and North Carefree Circle
- North Academy Boulevard and Dublin Boulevard
- Lake Avenue and East Cheyenne Mountain
- Airport Highway and South Academy Boulevard
- East Platte Avenue and North Union Boulevard
- East Woodmen Highway and Duryea Drive
- Austin Bluffs and North Academy
- Platte and North Murray
Each new intersections are presently in a calibration section. In the course of the calibration section, the cameras will flash or “go off” as drivers move by way of the intersection. This DOES NOT imply any citations are being recorded throughout this time. This calibration section is simply in place to make sure the cameras are working correctly.